Leave a Lasting Legacy with the Tanzania Development Trust
At the Tanzania Development Trust, we believe in the enduring power of positive change. By leaving a legacy in your will, you have the incredible opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of countless individuals in Tanzania. Your decision to support our work through a legacy donation ensures that your compassion and dedication to creating a better future for those in need will live on for generations to come.
Why Leave a Legacy with the Tanzania Development Trust?
- Transforming Lives: Your legacy donation will help us continue our vital work in Tanzania, improving the lives of vulnerable communities, providing access to education, healthcare, clean water, and empowering individuals to break the cycle of poverty.
- Secure the Future: Leaving a legacy is a powerful way to ensure that your values and beliefs are carried forward. Your generosity will shape a brighter future, promoting sustainable development and social change.
- Legacy Options: You have the flexibility to choose how you’d like to leave your legacy. This can include a specific sum of money, a percentage of your estate, or specific assets like property or investments. We work with you to honour your wishes.
- Tax Benefits: In many countries, legacy gifts are exempt from inheritance tax, reducing the financial burden on your loved ones. This means more of your estate can go towards causes close to your heart.
- Legacy Stories: Explore the stories of individuals who have chosen to leave a legacy with the Tanzania Development Trust. Their inspiring journeys and the impact they have made will show you the profound difference your legacy can have.
How to Leave a Legacy:
- Consult a Professional: We recommend consulting with a legal or financial advisor to help you create or update your will. They can ensure your intentions are accurately reflected.
- Include the Tanzania Development Trust: When drafting your will, include the Tanzania Development Trust as a beneficiary alongside your loved ones. You can specify the type of legacy you wish to leave.
- Inform Us: Let us know about your decision to leave a legacy. We would love the opportunity to express our gratitude and discuss how you’d like your legacy to be used.
- Legacy Society: Consider joining our Legacy Society, a community of like-minded individuals dedicated to making a long-lasting impact in Tanzania.
- Stay Connected: Stay connected with the Tanzania Development Trust and witness the impact of your legacy through our regular updates and newsletters.
Leaving a legacy with the Tanzania Development Trust is a profound way to make a difference in the world, far beyond your lifetime. Your support will continue to uplift communities in need, offering hope and opportunity where it’s needed most. Join us in building a brighter future for Tanzania by leaving a lasting legacy today. Together, we can create a world of positive change.
Christine Lawrence’s Transformative Legacy
Christine Lawrence’s generous legacy has fueled a wide array of impactful projects across Tanzania, each leaving a lasting imprint of positive change. Her dedication to the country’s well-being is evident in the diverse initiatives her gift has supported:
- Fish Ponds in Karagwe: Christine’s legacy has contributed to the establishment of fish ponds in Karagwe, promoting sustainable aquaculture and providing a source of nutrition and income for local communities.
- Textbooks at Kibeta Secondary School: Near Bukoba, her legacy has enriched the learning experience for students by providing much-needed textbooks, expanding educational horizons.
- Power for Remote Schools: In the far-flung corners of Muleba District, Christine’s gift has brought power to Bulyakashaju and Kibanga Secondary Schools, improving educational facilities and opportunities in these remote areas.
- Solar Installations at Dispensaries: Two remote dispensaries have been empowered by solar installations, ensuring access to vital healthcare services even in the most distant and underserved regions.
- Dairy and Chicken Project in Shinyanga: Christine’s legacy has also extended its support to a dairy and chicken project benefiting individuals living with HIV/AIDS in Shinyanga, enhancing their livelihoods and well-being.
Julian Marcus, in TDT’s 2012-13 Annual Report, aptly summarized Christine’s legacy impact, saying, “I was very glad, in the tour of 27 projects my wife Ann and I made in January, to present several with plaques recording the fact their funding came from the bequest of Bibi Christine, who loved their country so deeply.”
Ian Gibson’s Birthplace Legacy
Ian Gibson’s deep connection to his birthplace, Mtwara, is reflected in his legacy’s transformative contributions. His legacy has not only benefited his hometown but has also provided the crucial ‘seed funding’ for the Mugumu Safe House, ensuring safety and support for vulnerable individuals.
Furthermore, Ian’s executors allocated funds to enhance the administration of the Trust, facilitating the creation of TDT’s web-based project database for improved transparency and accountability.
Honoring Loved Ones with Legacies
More recently, we have been honored to receive legacies and in-memoriam donations from BTS members and their relatives in memory of cherished individuals such as Betty Wells, Jane Carroll, Derek Ingram, Hugh Wenban-Smith, Mary Read, and Sheila Lovell.
With TDT’s unwavering focus on community-level projects in Tanzania’s poorest regions and our promise that “100% of all donations received will be spent on projects in Tanzania,” each of these legacies and donations continues to leave an enduring and impactful legacy in a country they held dear. Your support, like theirs, helps shape a brighter future for Tanzania, one project at a time.